<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d26480880\x26blogName\x3dGMA7+News+Today\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2852052905181515934', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
---------------------------
Do you want to receive these daily Kapuso Stars updates in your inbox? All you need to do is SUBSCRIBE to this blog for FREE. Please find the subscribe button on the sidebar.
---------------------------
Thursday, April 24, 2008

Alfred Vargas as merman in Dyesebel

ALFRED Vargas prepared hard and long for his role as a merman in"Dyesebel" where he plays the defender and secret admirer of Marian Rivera (as Dyesebel) in the new TV version of the Mars Ravelo classic.

"Character-wise, I prepared for my role. We all underwent a workshop. Masarap katrabaho si Direk Joyce (Bernal) sa taping. I even did a research on Dysebel. I was able to watch the movie done by Alice Dixson and I was able to view some scenes of the version done by Ms. Vilma Santos, said Alfred in our interview at the presscon for Dyesebel Monday night at the poolside of the Sofitel Hotel at the CCP Complex along Roxas Boulevard .

"It’s hard to swim. We had to undergo training underwater. It’s hard to wear a tail and then swim because we need to do a dolphin kick. We also need to hold our breath underwater for about 30 seconds so that we could get a good shot. Okay naman ang training na ibinigay sa amin and I enjoyed it," Alfred related.

"Our training took several months. Even before we started taping, we had been undergoing training. It helped that I was a swimmer when I was a kid so I didn’t really have much difficulty, he said. Aside from being a challenge, I also enjoy playing the role of a merman because this is my chance for the young children to see me in a different way. I always did serious drama before. Now I am doing a fantasy-comedy although my character also has some drama in it and I am very glad GMA 7 gave me this role.

Alfred even had to cut his hair short for his role as a merman. "When I previewed the first scenes that I did, hindi maganda kasi lumulutang ang hair ko kasi mahaba ito. Hindi guwapo, parang nakakatakot. Sabi ko, kung ano ang itsura ko underwater, dapat ganoon din ang itsura ko. They said I looked better in my short hair and I even look younger by four years, said the actor who went on a diet to keep himself fit.

Dyesebel is Alfred third show under the Kapuso network. He is in Nuts Entertainment (aired every Saturday) and ESP (aired every Thursday). [source of news]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Kapuso Home



Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites