<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d26480880\x26blogName\x3dGMA7+News+Today\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2852052905181515934', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
---------------------------
Do you want to receive these daily Kapuso Stars updates in your inbox? All you need to do is SUBSCRIBE to this blog for FREE. Please find the subscribe button on the sidebar.
---------------------------
Saturday, September 13, 2008

Phil Younghusband updates

CURRENTLY number one in “Celebrity Duets” is Fil-British balikbayan football player Phil Younghusband. Born on August 4, 1987, his dad and namesake Phillip James Younghusband was a British accountant and his mom Susan Placer is from Malabon. They met as pen pals. He has a brother who’s 11 months older than him and a sister who’s 6 years old. His dad passed away five years ago due to the big C. He first played for Chelsea in England.

“Football is the biggest sport in England and you can make a lot of money,” he says. “I was only 9 when Chelsea scouts signed me up to a contract and became a part of the Chelsea Youth Team. I became the top scorer in the 2003-2004season - before turning professional in 2005. It’s so competitive. When I started, there were probably about 40 players (in my batch). And now there are about two or three left.”

As a child, he came home with his family for an annual vacation in Manila. His mom still has relatives here and he enjoys being with his cousins. He finished math mechanics and sports science in England. He joined the 2005 Southeast Asian Games under the Philippine flag and enjoyed the warm reception given to him by his Pinoy fans. “I love the attention given to me by the people here.”

Phil stands 5’11", has hazel brown eyes and striking mestizo good looks. How did he join “Celebrity Duets”?

“GMA-7 invited me to join. They said it’d be a lot of fun. At first, I was so nervous as I only sing in the shower. But now I’m having a lot of fun. I get along well with all the other contestants. They’re all nice. It’s my manager, Joyce Ramirez, who coaches me to sing. This Saturday (tonight), I’m singing a Tagalog song of Side A, ‘Ang Aking Awitin’, with Nyoy Volante. This is a big challenge for me as I don’t speak Tagalog well. “

Will he go into acting? “I don’t know. My problem will be I don’t speak Tagalog fluently. But I do enjoy entertaining people and making them happy.”

Joyce says her ward is too gullible. “Iniyakan lang siya ng isang Pinoy friend niya, pinautang niya ng P250,000 and up to now, hindi pa siya binabayaran.”

He’s warned to be more careful, especially now that he’s in showbiz. He shouldn’t be too trusting as some people would take advantage of him. “I find it hard to say no when people ask for my help. I want to make a lot of friends.”

If you want to vote for Phil, text duetsphil and send to 367 for Smart/TnT and to 2344 for Globe/TM subscribers.

[via]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Kapuso Home



Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites