<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d26480880\x26blogName\x3dGMA7+News+Today\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2852052905181515934', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
---------------------------
Do you want to receive these daily Kapuso Stars updates in your inbox? All you need to do is SUBSCRIBE to this blog for FREE. Please find the subscribe button on the sidebar.
---------------------------
Sunday, January 11, 2009

John Carlo Barreras Tiuseco, The Survivor

It takes guts — and the will to win — to survive the tough tests the contestants of the first Survivor Philippines were subjected to, aired on GMA 7, hosted by Paolo Bediones.

Ask John Carlo (JC) Barreras Tiuseco, the reality-TV’s first ever winner, P3-million richer with a brand-new Honda Civic as special prize for topping one of the show’s difficult challenges.

Standing 5’11" and weighing 145 lbs., JC trained hard for the contest. He’s 23, an Arian (April 16).

“I took crash swimming lessons barely a week before the show started,” recalled JC who beat 17 other Castaways (so-called because they were “cast” in an island in Thailand). “More than 45,000 auditioned from all over the country. We were made to take several tests, including swimming, psychological and a series of interviews. In the medical test, I was diagnosed to have an MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) so I had to get a certificate from a cardiologist that I was fit for the challenges.”

A Business Management senior at San Sebastian College, JC is a member of the school’s basketball team. Part-Chinese, he finished elementary at the Chiang Kai Shek School in Binondo, Manila, and high school at Sunhill (near the Celebrity Plaza, Quezon City).

He’s the youngest of the three children of James Tiuseco, a businessman, and Rosemarie Barreras, a businesswoman. He’s also related to the Pamintuans of Pampanga.

The first contest he joined was the search for the Century Tuna man. He’s an endorser of Penshoppe and has just made his debut as co-host of the GMA early-morning show Unang Hirit last Monday.

How long did you stay in the island?

“I was in Koh Tarutao Island for 39 days, from first week of August to second week of September, 2008. Koh Tarutao is six hours away to Phuket by car. We were winding up when the rallyists occupied the airport in Bangkok. When we left Thailand, the jury had chosen the Top 2 but we didn’t know who the winner was until the last episode when they opened the envelope.”

What do you think was your edge over the other Castaways?

“There was supposed to be an ‘alliance’ among the Castaways that they wouldn’t boot out one another, although any of us could overrule that alliance. But if you won the immunity challenge, hindi ka nila puede tanggalin. I think that was my biggest edge — that I hurdled the immunity challenges.”

How did you prepare for the show?

“Before I went to Thailand, I ate a lot. I gained five pounds but during the show, I lost 20 lbs. After the show, I weighed only 120 lbs. I started eating a lot again. Now, I’m back to 145 lbs.”

Which of the 26 challenges did you find most challenging?

“The immunity challenge in which we were made to eat (steamed) scorpions and tarantulas.”

Wasn’t there any life-threatening challenge?

“I think it was the one on the first day when we were told to jump from a boat and swim one kilometer to the island. It was scary. What if you developed cramps? At some point, we were left to ourselves because the cameramen had stayed away.”

Okay, let’s do a little “body talk”...What’s your regular diet like?

“After regaining weight, I took up my regular diet. I take three square meals a day, with snacks in-between. No rice. I actually take small meals at four hours interval. For breakfast, I take only bread with egg and hotdog, and just water. For lunch, I eat meat (beef). I should take more vegetables but I don’t. My favorite fruit is banana. For dinner, some more beef. For snacks, I take pizza most of the time. I avoid junk food because they are full of fats.”

Being an athlete you sweat a lot, I guess.

“Yes, I do. I should take more than my usual five glasses of water per day. But I take juices (orange or mango), a little soda.”

What kind of workout do you do?

“I work out out at the Gold’s Gym three times a week. I lift weights, I do the treadmill.”

What part of your body needs improvement?

“My abs. I have love handles, pero konti lang naman.”

Part of your body that’s most vulnerable?

“My head. I get a headache when I’m stressed out.”

Favorite part of your body?

“My smiling eyes.”

Part of a girl’s body that you look at first?

“Her face. Beautiful legs turn me on. Dirty feet turn me off.”

How do you cope with stress?

“I listen to all kinds of music depending on my mood. I relax by watching movies. I like action and drama.”

Is Heart Evangelista really your crush?

”Yes. If ever, I want her to be my leading lady.”

Favorite hideaway?

“Tagaytay. I go there with my friends.”

How much sleep do you get per night?

“An average of six hours.”

Favorite sleepwear?

“Boxers”

Do you snore?

“I guess I don’t. I wouldn’t know because I sleep alone.”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“No, I don’t.”

Do you sleepwalk?

“No, I don’t.”

Do you sleep in the nude?

No, I don’t.”

How many pillows do you sleep with?

“Three. One under my head and the two I hug.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“Nag-i-Internet.”

And the first thing that you do when you wake up?

“Brush my teeth.”

How’s your nightlife?

“Hindi ako masyadong ma-gimik.”

Do you drink liquor?

“Not always. Only occasionally.”

Do you smoke?

“Never!”

Do you take drugs?

“Never! I am clean-living.”

Who’s your favorite fantasy figure?

“Still Heart Evangelista. Why do I like her? Well, she’s chinita, fair-complexioned and sophisticated.”

What’s your outlook in life?

“I think positive. If something bad happens, something positive will always follow.”

Name three women you think have nice bodies.

“Still Heart Evangelista. Angelina Jolie. Jessica Alba.”

And three men...

“Kiko Rustia, ninth member of the Survivor jury. Victor Basa. I can’t think of a third one.”

Using only body language, how would you make a woman know that you admire her?

“I stare at her.”

Now that you are in showbiz, are you ready for the intrigues?

“Yes, I am. If I survived the 26 Survivor challenges, palagay ko naman kakayanin ko na ang mga challenge sa showbiz.”

By the way, what did you do with your P3-M prize?

“Half of it I gave to my parents and the rest I deposited in the bank.”

[via]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Kapuso Home



Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites