<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d26480880\x26blogName\x3dGMA7+News+Today\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2852052905181515934', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
---------------------------
Do you want to receive these daily Kapuso Stars updates in your inbox? All you need to do is SUBSCRIBE to this blog for FREE. Please find the subscribe button on the sidebar.
---------------------------
Saturday, March 07, 2009

RIP: Francis Magalona is dead

Nakakalungkot ang balita kahapon. Naka­kabigla actually, dahil ang alam ng lahat, nagkaroon ng remission si Francis Magalona pagkatapos madiskubreng meron siyang leu­kemia (cancer of the blood) last August 2008.

Natatandaan kong agad na nag-organize ng blood donation drive ang mga kaibigan ni Fran­cis nang madiskubre ang sakit niya.

Sa kanyang Multiply site, January 14 ang kanyang last post, 5:50 a.m, kung saan nagha­handa na siya sa kanyang fourth cycle chemo:

“Good evening people. I am getting prepared for my 4th chemotherapy cycle, and I will be admitted tonight at The Medical City. I will be doing some tests tomorrow, wish me luck. Friday I begin my 4th cycle which is a Hi-Dose kind, as will be taking 6 grams of Cytarabin™ a day every other day for 3 days.

“I will be at the 14th floor of the TMC, as usual. I brought a lot reading materials (Bible included!) and DVDs to keep me company while I do my treatment. I will be doing my radiation treatment by February and my PBSCT (Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant) will be done by March.

“I look forward to the pain as I know my journey is on full speed ahead. I will not be bold to say that without asking a favor from you all. PLEASE PRAY for me as I undergo treatment. Your prayers, as always, have sustained me. And am sure the Lord will listen to all our prayers. To His will I submit myself.

“God bless you, my friend.

“PS: I will be needing blood donors for blood and platelets. Please go to the lower ground floor of The Medical City and donate blood in my name. For platelets Apheresis you may go have yourself screened at the Phil. Nat’l Red Cross at the Pier in Manila. I am type O positive. Thank you again.”

After ng fourth chemotherapy, magkakaroon sana siya ng stem cell transplant, pero hindi na siya umabot.

Bago binawian ng buhay si Francis, pinilit niya talagang lumaban.

Nag-design siya ng T-shirts at nag-record ng kanta kasama si Ely Buendia ng Pupil band. Hindi niya rin kinalimutan ang kanyang passion sa photography.

Simula nang madiskubre ang kanyang sakit, namalagi na siya sa hospital, sa Medical City. Pero naging maligaya siya dahil nakauwi siya last Christmas.

[via]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Kapuso Home



Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites