<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d26480880\x26blogName\x3dGMA7+News+Today\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2852052905181515934', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
---------------------------
Do you want to receive these daily Kapuso Stars updates in your inbox? All you need to do is SUBSCRIBE to this blog for FREE. Please find the subscribe button on the sidebar.
---------------------------
Friday, October 01, 2010

Kris Bernal gets a fair shake

If you see somebody who looks like a heavier Kris Bernal tending a Black Pearl stall at Shopwise (Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City) or a Fruitas stall at Broadway Centrum, far removed from the “anorexic” beauty several months ago, it’s indeed Kris Bernal.

From 84 lbs., she has ballooned to a very becoming 105 lbs. which is just right for her 5’1” frame.

“I was so thin then that people believed that I was anorexic,” said Kris, 21. “I purposely lost weight because I had to look slim for the Bench show last year. Medyo nasobrahan. I would eat only one full meal a day and I was working out in the gym. People started asking if I was anorexic, so I started eating again, nagpataba talaga ako. I wasn’t conscious if I was eating a lot, so here I am, nagkalaman na ako.”

Now that she has gained weight, people are wondering if she has undergone cosmetic surgery on her face.

Laughed Kris, “My face looks more round now and people are asking kung nagpatapyas daw ako ng panga. Naku ha!”

Kris sat with Funfare two weeks after she came back from a month-long vacation in the US which she took after she did promo shows for Pinoy TV in Sacramento, California.

“If not for Pinoy TV, I wouldn’t have gone. Mahal ang pamasahe! It was my second trip to the US and I took advantage of it because I didn’t have any project yet since The Last Prince ended two months ago,” said Kris. “I was 16 when I went there for the first time, with my father. This time, talagang nakapag-pahinga
Kris Bernal with friendly Mickey in Disneyland
ako. From Sacramento, I went to San Francisco and then to L.A. Siempre, I went to Disneyland, Universal Studios and many other places.”

While waiting for a new project, Kris shuttles between her Shopwise Black Pearl stall and the Fruitas stall.

“I’m happy I got the franchises,” admitted Kris. “Business is good. It becomes even better when I’m there personally. Beside buying, customers also want to be photographed with me, kaya dinadalas-dalasan ko ang pagpunta para maraming bumili.”

Black Pearl is a sago-based shake with different fun flavors; while Fruitas is a fruit-shake brand known for its freshness and natural health benefits from tropical fruits.

“I’m scouting around for other places kung saan malakas ang bentahan,” said Kris who was taking up B.S. Nursing (only up to first year) at Trinity University of Asia, and not any business course, when she topped (with Aljur Abrenica) the GMA talent search StarStruck. “I’m learning a lot about business. Showbiz is not forever. It’s my first time to venture into business and I like it.”

Incidentally, Kris now clarified that there was nothing romantic between her and Aljur even if they were built up as a loveteam in a few GMA soaps and a Regal movie (Nandito Ako Nagmamahal Sa’yo). It was all hype. Kris’ real boyfriend is a singer, leader of a band, who was a runner-up in another GMA talent-search show.

“I like him because he’s secretive. He doesn’t talk about us, unlike some guys na ipinagyayabang kapag syota ka nila.”

Eventually, she plans to buy a franchise for a fast-food business.

“Ang sarap pala mag-business. Even if I become busy again, andyan lang ‘yan. There are people helping me run my stalls.

Two weeks after this interview, Kris flew back to the US, also for the Pinoy TV promo this time in L.A.

Asked about the prospect of putting up Black Pearl or Fruitas outlets in the US, Kris perked up.

“Why not? Good idea.”

Anytime now, Kris will start work on a GMA soap with, among others, fellow StarStruck graduates Steven Silva and Rocco Nacino among her co-stars.

[via]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Kapuso Home



Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites