<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d26480880\x26blogName\x3dGMA7+News+Today\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2852052905181515934', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
---------------------------
Do you want to receive these daily Kapuso Stars updates in your inbox? All you need to do is SUBSCRIBE to this blog for FREE. Please find the subscribe button on the sidebar.
---------------------------
Sunday, January 02, 2011

Negative comments don't bother Aljur

ALJUR Abrenica couldn't contain his happiness after he was chosen by GMA7 to topbill the TV remake of the late Pablo S. Gomez's "Machete".

It’s one of the Kapuso network’s grand opening salvos this 2011. "Honestly, when I first heard that GMA would do the remake of "Machete" back in 2007, I prayed hard that I’d get considered for the part," Aljur says. "That is why I gradually worked on the development of my physique.

“Fortunately, my efforts paid off in the end. When management told me I’d be playing Machete, I got overjoyed. It was like a dream-come-true for me. And mind you, GMA didn’t hold auditions for the title role. I was their ultimate choice,” he said.

Despite some negative comments, Aljur believes he is a credible Machete on screen.

“For one, I can see some of his characteristics in me. Physically, we’re both brown-skinned. Just like me, he is also a man of few words."

Because he will wear a revealing costume, many have the impression that it’s a sexy prime time offering.

“It’s not," he says with a laugh."Machete is a legendary Ifugao warrior so that explains the costume. We won’t capitalize on that but rather, on the eternal love between him and the lady sculptress to be played by Ryza (Cenon).”

Aljur is confident that Ryza could handle the mature role with aplomb.

“She fits the role to a T. I’ve known her since our SOP days. She’s got what it takes to become a premiere leading lady."

Last year, he passed the acid test when "The Last Prince' became a very big hit". Just like "Machete", it was also GMA’s first prime time offering then. With his impressive track record as a prime time star, he still feels the pressure on the ratings.

“But I have faith in the project," he assures."I vow to do my best to endear the character to TV viewers."

[via]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back to Kapuso Home



Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites